Posted by ajjwrites
The time was 1993, it looked like he was at the top of his life, he was living out of fantasy and he was the top star in Hollywood. There’s a loving wife, a newborn son, and an Oscar nomination for his performance. Then, something had got in the way of the actor’s deserved promotion to star parts. Word was getting around about his private life, and frightening the projects away. Until 1996, none of the actor’s problems had become public. But his image was beginning to shake. He lost himself to drug abuse.
But in 2008, this 43-year old mature, and intriguingly ambivalent actor marveled everyone with a movie, which attained him the block-buster glory, an actor who not long ago was deemed too unreliable to be employable. The actor is the most brilliant and versatile actor of our generation, he is a genius, playboy, billionaire and a philanthropist. Guess who is it? It’s our very own The Iron Man disguised as Mr. Tony Stark none other than Robert Downey Jr.
I did a little research on the man himself (Wikipedia motherfucker) and found out this:
- The son of underground filmmaker Robert Downey, Downey Jr. was born in New York City on April 4, 1965. His mother was also an actress. Robert Downey Sr. handed him small parts in his films, casting Robert when he was only five years old.
- Downey Sr. also introduced his son a thing, which no parent would think of. He allegedly shared his first marijuana cigarette with Downey Sr. when he was eight years old. “I think a lot of us did things and thought it would be hypocritical not to have our kids participate in marijuana, and so we thought it was cute to let them smoke it and all. It was an idiot move on our parts.” Downey Senior admits.
- When Robert turned thirteen, his parents divorced and he moved onto Los Angeles to live with his father. Three years later, Robert dropped out of high school, and moved back to New York to live with his mother. Between 1972 and 1990, he made cameo appearances in five of his father’s films.
- Robert’s first significant role, in 1983’s Baby, It’s You, largely ended up on the cutting-room floor; it wasn’t until two years later that he began landing more substantial parts, first as a one-season cast member on Saturday Night Live and then in the comedy Weird Science.
- In 1987, he landed plum roles in two films that capitalized the ‘Saturday Night Live fame’, James Toback’s The Pick-Up Artist, andLess Than Zero, for which he won acclaim playing cocaine addict Julian Wells. His roles in movies like Short Cuts, Richard III, Chaplin, and Natural Born Killers wowed viewers around the world.
- In fact, critics deemed Downey’s portrayal as one of the only worthwhile elements in the Chaplin biopic, and it earned a Best Actor Oscar nomination, as well as Golden Globe and British Academy Award noms. Around this time, Downey’s personal life took a turn for the worse.
- In June 1996, the LAPD arrested the actor (who had already spent time in three rehabilitation facilities between 1987 and 1996) on counts including drug use, driving under the influence, possession of a concealed weapon, and possession of illegal substances. A month after this arrest, police found Downey Jr. unconscious on a neighbor’s lawn, under the influence of a controlled substance, and authorities again incarcerated him, taking him this time to a rehab center.
- A third arrest soon followed, as did another stint in rehab. His stay in rehab didn’t last long, as he walked out, thereby violating the conditions of his bail. More arrests and complications followed.
- In 1999, he had three films out in theaters: Friends and Lovers,Bowfinger, and In Dreams. He delivered a particularly chilling performance in the latter, as longhaired psychopathic child murderer Vivian Thompson, that arguably ranked with his finest work. But Downey’s problems caught up with him again that same year, when he was re-arrested and sentenced to 12 months in a state penitentiary.
- In 2002, a Riverside, CA, judge dismissed all counts against Downey. In time, the former addict counseled other celebrity addicts and became something of a spokesperson for rehabilitation.
- Downey continued to show his versatility by joining the casts ofZodiac, David Fincher’s highly-touted film about the Zodiac Killer, and the Diane Arbus biopic Fur, with Nicole Kidman.
- Apart from his acting career, Robert has also developed another profession as a music artist through the launching of his debut album, “The Futurist”, under Sony Classical on November, 2004.
- The biggest was yet to come, however, as 2007 found Downey taking on the roles that would make him an even bigger star than he’d been in his youth, as he took on the leading role of sarcastic billionaire and part-time super hero Tony Stark in the big screen adaptation of the comic book Iron Man, as well as self-important actor Kirk Lazarus in the comedy Tropic Thunder. Both films turned out to be not just blockbuster successes at the box office, but breakaway hits with critics as well.
- Trade Mark : Known for not being especially humble. Sarcastic humorous deliveries while remaining completely stone-faced. Frequently plays intelligent but eccentric characters.
Ranked #60 in Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the world. Is the first, and thus far only, actor to win a Golden Globe for portraying Sherlock Holmes.
Downey’s journey from hell to Hollywood fame is shocking, funny, moving, and inspirational. From his first role as a five year old to a billionaire Tony Stark, in Avengers, he is a distinctive and shinning star of Hollywood. Robert Downey Jr. is the real ‘Iron Man’ because he has harnessed all his inner demons.
Posted by ajjwrites
The unluckiest number in everybody’s life is 13. But, for me its 14. You see what falls after 4 days is what people call “The Valentines Day” or “The day of love, where couples come together exchange lovey dovey smiles and give each other flying kisses and the guy gives her a box of chocolates and then she looks at the price tag and says, ” The price of my love is just 750 rupees of Ferrero Rocher.” And then the girls open the box and eats all the chocolates, they don’t even share 😦 Some one will say that i am very unlucky that i don’t have a date at valentines day. But. i will consider myself very lucky, that i don’t have to spend 1000 rupees on my girlfriend and give her stupid chocolate boxes and valentine cards and a bouquet and exchange all the flying kisses. I’m a MAN, i don’t prefer to do that. so, i made up a list of what i’ll do at valentines day without a date. So, here it Goes:
No Date… No Problem!
1. If you are a home person just like me, then help your mom in household chores. Or here’s an interesting thing. Plant an idea on your parents mind to just let everything go at 14th. Let them have fun and see the sparks fly. Arrange a date for them, make the arrangements. book a fine table for two at one of the best restaurants in your city. trust me, you’ll feel good inside that you made your parents life interesting again. Ooh! i’m getting a little bit senti .
2. If you’re a computer enthusiast like me then date online with other lady geeks. login to sites like cloudgirlfriend or zoosk and start dating someone online. Don’t worry, eventually you’re gonna end up having fun or being aroused by a man.
3. Find an amusement park in your city. go there have fun, eat, drink, go on a roller coaster ride and then puke on little kids. trust me, it’s better than spending 1000 rupees for your girlfriend buying Chocolates and cards and jeans of her size which you cant find in the entire state. 😉
4. Go for a Road trip. fill some petrol/diesel in your vehicle and go as fast as you can. You get the excitement, the thrill and you’ll enjoy each and every moment of it. trust me, you’ll never for get that moment of your life. Or, If you cant go on a road trip then sit your ass down on the sofa and watch Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara ( The Indian version of road trip filled with love and romace 😦 )
Last but not the least……………
5. Attempt Suicide. (Because you have failed…. Failed to get a date on 14th February Valentines day!)
I’m planning to do at least one of the things on 14th. what are you gonna do?
Anmol Jani – I bring the “F” into Funny! Or at least i think so.
Happy Valentines day (in Advance) Fuc***s.
Like, comment and share this post with your friends if you don’t have a date on Valentines and if you do have then, get a picture of you and your date together and tell me how’d you had your valentines day together and mail it to me on email@example.com.
Thanks for reading My #Life.